DIY Tutorial - How to Make a Kid's Zipper Hooded Jacket
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Since Zander outgrew his favorite grey hoodie from Baby Gap, our options were to:
1. Shell out another $45 for a similar one
2. Make an even better one for much less
As you can see, I went with option 2. I started with this pattern and adjusted it to be one-sided. I also added in the herringbone around the hood and elbow pads which aren’t part of the pattern. Zander now has a one-of-kind grey hoodie with a hint of herringbone.
Cost of materials: $12
Seeing my son wear something I made: Priceless!
Here are some other fun DIY tutorials you might enjoy:
- Baby boots
- Baby shoes with a reversible insole (that look alike Toms shoes)
- Baby bib
- Big kid bib
- Baby burp cloth
- Diaper clutch
- Baby Pacifier leash
- Baby 2-in-1 Car seat canopy and baby blanket
- Baby Soft block toy
- Baby Shower diaper motorcycle
- Baby Tag blanket
- Boys and Girls' Nursery ideas
- Playroom ideas
- Party ideas
- Crochet beanie with ear flaps
- Baby crib shoes
- Kids' torn jeans
- Girls' summer dress
- Kids' Reversible bucket hat
- Kids' reversible hoodie
- Kids' long sleeve shirt made from old shirts
If you made these or have any questions leave us your comments below, we love hearing from you!
If you haven't already, check out our shop. 10% will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about us and our mission to Be The Good.