DIY Tutorial - Baby Tag Blanket
Who knew tags could be so fascinating? Zander loved tags as a baby. Whatever toy/blanket we gave him, he eventually found his way to the tag, especially the silky ones. With this new found knowledge and Zoey in my belly, I decided to make her her very own tag blankie she could carry with her everywhere. I used ultra soft minky material for both sides and looped the ribbon/tags so it could easily be attached to a car seat/exersaucer/etc. with a ring. It’s perfect for playing or just plain snuggling.
Here’s a look into how I made it:
- Cut front and back pieces of fabric 12×12
- Cut 16 (15 if you’re using your label as a tag) pieces of ribbon, 4.5 inches long
- Sandwich right sides of fabric together with ribbons folded in half in between the two pieces of fabric
- Pin everything in place
- Sew around entire blankie and leave an opening at least 2-3 inches for turning
- Cut excess ribbon to minimize bulk
- Add a top stitch around entire blankie, including the opening left for turning.
There you have it. A fun little toy/snuggly blanket for your baby to go crazy with their fascination with tags. I hope you found this tutorial helpful! We'd love to hear from you so leave us your comments below.
If you haven't already, check out our collection of play, create, explore and be the good tees. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.