Baby Boy and Girl Nursery Room Decorating Ideas
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Here's a look at how we decorated our kids' nurseries and how the room evolved from a boy's nursery to a girls nursery.
With our first being a boy, we painted the walls blue and grey while keeping the furniture gender neutral. This made it easy to transition over to a girls' nursery. We kept the same furniture and paint the same, while adding pink/girly accents.
Here's a list of the decor and furniture from their nurseries:
- Crib - Discontinued from Target but this crib is very similar.
- Rocking Chair - Charles Eames molded rocker
- Storage boxes in bookcase
- Dresser (Chris added the top part to turn it into a changing table.)
- Rocking Moose
- Pendant Lamps
- Rug - Discontinued from Ikea, but here are other great rugs for nurseries.
- Rody Toy - Red inflatable hopping horse toy
- Painted skateboards - Made by Chris.
- Parachute wall decal - Discontinued from Blik, but here are other great nursery wall decals.
- 3D Paper Mache Letters - I painted the front of the letters pink and the sides white.
- 3D paper wall flowers - I used white card stock paper and my Cricut machine to cut all these flowers which saved me a ton of time from hand cutting them. If you don't have a Cricut, here is a paper wall flower tutorial with a free pattern. Curl the petals by wrapping them around a pencil. Lastly, I hot glued a thumbtack to the back and used that to stick them to the wall.
Quick links to items mentioned above:
There you have it. I hope this helps you create a fun nursery for your baby! If you found this useful or have any questions leave us your comments below, we love hearing from you!