Baby Boy and Girl Nursery Room Decorating Ideas
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Here's a look at how we decorated our kids' nurseries and how the room evolved from a boy's nursery to a girls nursery.
With our first being a boy, we painted the walls blue and grey while keeping the furniture gender neutral. This made it easy to transition over to a girls' nursery. We kept the same furniture and paint the same, while adding pink/girly accents.
Here's a list of the decor and furniture from their nurseries:
- Crib - Discontinued from Target but this crib is very similar.
- Rocking Chair - Charles Eames molded rocker
- Storage boxes in bookcase
- Dresser (Chris added the top part to turn it into a changing table.)
- Rocking Moose
- Pendant Lamps
- Rug - Discontinued from Ikea, but here are other great rugs for nurseries.
- Rody Toy - Red inflatable hopping horse toy
- Painted skateboards - Made by Chris.
- Parachute wall decal - Discontinued from Blik, but here are other great nursery wall decals.
- 3D Paper Mache Letters - I painted the front of the letters pink and the sides white.
- 3D paper wall flowers - I used white card stock paper and my Cricut machine to cut all these flowers which saved me a ton of time from hand cutting them. If you don't have a Cricut, here is a paper wall flower tutorial with a free pattern. Curl the petals by wrapping them around a pencil. Lastly, I hot glued a thumbtack to the back and used that to stick them to the wall.
Quick links to items mentioned above:
There you have it. I hope this helps you create a fun nursery for your baby! If you found this useful or have any questions leave us your comments below, we love hearing from you!
If you haven't already, check out our shop. 10% will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.