DIY Tutorial - Chocolate Covered Strawberries Bouquet
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
We went to the Home Depot workshop where Zander built and painted this sweetheart box. He decided to use it to make something special for his teachers for Valentine’s.
We added a Valentine’s message to his teachers and he signed the back.
To make your own bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries simply:
- Wash and dry your strawberries well (water on the berries will make it hard for the candy to stick to it)
- Insert a long lolly pop stick into each strawberry. I didn’t have any so I used disposable chopsticks and they worked perfectly.
- Pick your favorite colors and flavors of candy melts.
- Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate.
- Tip: The chocolate will harden fairly quickly so you'll want to work fast to coat the strawberry and add sprinkles.
- Cut and insert a floral foam block to fit inside your pot.
- Insert your chocolate dipped strawberries into the foam block.
- Add some pink shredded paper to hide the foam block.
There you have it, a meaningful, beautiful AND delicious gift idea for someone special. It makes a great for Valentine's Day, teacher appreciation, or just because! What's your favorite handmade gift to give someone? We'd love to hear from you so leave us your comments below.
If you haven't already, check out our collection of play, create, explore and be the good tees. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.