50+ Random Questions and Conversation Starters (Kid-Friendly)
We're always looking for ways to engage, connect and make our kids laugh. Having a stash of random questions works great for all the above. We love asking conversation starter questions, telling funny jokes and would you rather questions during:
- Road trip entertainment
- Mealtime conversation
- Waiting in long lines
- Car rides to/from school
- You get the drift...
It's a good opportunity to bring up topics that don't normally come up in conversation. We end up learning new things about each other, discovering problems we never knew existed and most of all, having huge belly laughs together.
So here it is, 50+ random questions and conversation starters to ask your kids, spouse, friends, colleagues, strangers...etc.
Ready or not, let's get random...
Download the free printable HERE.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the bravest thing you've ever done?
- What would you do if you had 1 extra hour a day?
- What is something funny that has happened to you?
- What do you like the least about school?
- What makes you unique?
- If you could be an expert at something, what would it be?
- If you won a million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it?
- What makes you smile every day?
- What could you eat all day without stopping?
- What three words best describe you?
- What are you most thankful for right now?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What is one superpower you wish you could have?
- What do you do when you're not feeling good about something?
- Who do you miss the most right now?
- What makes you feel loved?
- If you could change the way you look, what would you change?
- What kind of song makes you want to dance?
- What is the most favorite thing you own?
- What do you wish our family did more of?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What makes our family special?
- Where is the best place to take a family vacation?
- If you could take an animal home from the zoo and keep it as a pet, which animal would it be?
- What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
- Who do you wish you could see more often?
- If you were granted two wishes, what would you wish for?
- What is the best thing you like about yourself?
- What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
- What makes a good friend?
- What is your favorite ice cream topping?
- If you were going to a deserted island, what three things would you take with you?
- What do you wish you could be better at?
- What was the last dream you remember?
- Who is your most favorite friend?
- What is something you love to do everyday?
- What animal-like quality would you like to have?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- What is one thing you know more about than most people?
- What is one food you could eat every day?
- What is something wild you that you would love to do?
- What is a fun word to say?
- What do you like to do when you're alone?
- What do you like most when our family spends time together?
- What is your favorite game to play?
- What is something you do not like doing every day?
- Where is your favorite place to go outside?
- What frightens you?
- What song do you love to sing?
- What is your idea of the perfect day?
- Who do you admire?
There you have it. I hope this inspires you to add some randomness to your day. It's your turn now! Go ahead, give us your most random questions in the comments below. This is a growing list and we'd love to add yours to the mix.