5 Beautiful Ways to Use Scrap Leather
Here are simple tutorials on how to make these yourself:
1. Elbow pads:
– Wear your sweater on, mark where the center of your elbow is (don’t guess and sew it crooked like I did the first time around)
– Cut leather into desired size
– Stitch your patches on. I used about 4 strands of thread for a thick stitch.
– Draw outline of leaves onto leather
– Cut the leaves out
– Cut slits into leaves
– Attach to your desired earring chain
3. Magic Braid Bracelet:
– I found this pretty tricky. I couldn’t follow any of the written tutorials, but this video was straight forward and easy to follow. I braided all the way until the very end without backwards braiding (that part was a bit confusing).
– There’s a download for a printable template here.
4. Bow Bracelet:
– I followed this tutorial and it was super easy.
5. Shredded Bracelet:
– Make a paper template first.
– Measure your wrist. Cut a rectangle with rounded corners about an inch or 2 longer than your wrist, depending on how you want it to fit.
– Leaving 1 inch on each end, cut strips down the length of the bracelet with a knife and ruler.
Adding Buttons to Bracelets:
– Most leather bracelets typically close with metal snaps but I didn’t have any so I improvised with buttons. I actually prefer the look of buttons now. It’s an opportunity to add color and character.
– Hand sew button in desired location.
– Cut a small slit on opposite side of bracelet for button hole. I kept my slits pretty small and stretched the leather over it for a snug fit.
There you have it! 5 beautiful ways to use 1 piece of scrap leather.
I hope this inspires you to #CREATEmore with what you have. I would love to hear what you think of these in the comments section.
To see some of our fun video tutorials, check out our YouTube channel.
If you love to create like me, you'll love our collection of Create More shirts. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.