Fort Cross Old Timey Adventures Family Camping Weekend Review
For Father's Day weekend this year, we went camping at Fort Cross Old Timey Adventures in Julian, CA. We had the most amazing time disconnecting and reconnecting with our kids in the great outdoors. We even connected with some other great families there, too.
We thoroughly enjoyed some good old-fashioned fun at one of their Summer Family Camp Out weekends. The camp out package includes:
- 2 nights of camping
- Jug Band
- Campfire Sing-Along
- Nature Walk
- Tomahawk Throw
- Slingshot Range
- Petting Zoo
- Reptile Farm
- Kazoo Making
- Gold Panning
- Water Games (it was too cold so we skipped this)
- Ice Cream Making (sadly their machine was broken that weekend)
- Family Theater
Here's a video of how much fun to expect!
Other useful insight and tips:
- The husband (Jesse) and wife (Doreene) team that own Fort Cross are so down to earth and make great hosts.
- Meals are not provided; however, directly across the street is Julian Station, which has little shops, restaurants, and game tables like pool and air hockey, arcade games, ride-on toys and a small play area for small kids. Mr. Manitas Organic Taco Bar is located inside which has a great, local and organic menu. Julian is known for their amazing apple pies. Mom's Pies is within walking distance. We devoured one of their delicious pies.
- They have 1 community fire pit for everyone to gather around each night.
- Each campsite comes with a picnic table with benches.
- They have 1 porta potty for the campsite, which was clean at all times, and more than sufficient for the 3-5 families there that weekend. Julian Station across the street also has public restrooms open during business hours.
- They have 1 sink with potable water.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. We'd love to hear from you!
I hope this inspires you and your family to disconnect and reconnect in the great outdoors.
If you haven't already, check out our collection of play, create, explore and be the good tees. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.