DIY Tutorial - Kimono Baby Shoes (Free Pattern)
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Whether you're looking for a super cute baby shower gift to make or something to make for your own little munchkin, these will surely do the trick.
I made these baby kimono shoes for a 5th generation Japanese baby! Quite fitting if I do say so myself. He is only about 5 weeks old now, so they fit him perfectly. The free pattern for these shoes are for size 3. Since these shoes are pretty tiny they can be tricky to sew, but the instructions are easy to follow so give it a try! You won't be disappointed when you see them being worn on sweet little baby feet.
Here are some resources you can use to make these:
- Grey corduroy fabric
- Fun printed fabric
- Anti-skid gripper fabric (I didn't use these, but they are perfect for added traction, especially for new walkers.)
Here are some other fun DIY tutorials you might enjoy:
- Baby boots
- Baby shoes with a reversible insole (that look alike Toms shoes)
- Baby bib
- Big kid bib
- Baby burp cloth
- Diaper clutch
- Baby Pacifier leash
- Baby 2-in-1 Car seat canopy and baby blanket
- Baby Soft block toy
- Baby Shower diaper motorcycle
- Baby Tag blanket
- Boys and Girls' Nursery ideas
- Playroom ideas
- Party ideas
- Crochet beanie with ear flaps
- Baby crib shoes
- Kids' torn jeans
- Girls' summer dress
- Kids' Reversible bucket hat
- Kids' reversible hoodie
- Kids' long sleeve shirt made from old shirts
If you made these or have any questions leave us your comments below, we love hearing from you!
If you haven't already, check out our collection of play, create, explore and be the good tees. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.