DIY Tutorial - Double Layer Lace Dress
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
For once, I decided to make something for myself! I got inspired by this dress I came across while cruising through Pinterest (my newest obsession). This was the very first dress I’ve made – ever, so of course, I didn’t have a pattern or any clue how to make it. Needless to say, I winged the whole thing.
- I used one of my fitted dresses and a jacket to draw the pattern for the lining and dress.
- Cut front and back of lining. Sew top shoulders together and the seams down each side. You should have a long sleeveless lining dress now.
- Do the same for the top lace layer
- Turn both layers inside out and sew around the neckline.
- Run dress right side out. You should now have a double layered sleeveless dress.
- Attach the sleeves
- Luckily, the dress fabric doesn’t fray so I was able to cut the scallops at the ends of the dress and leave the edge raw.
- Start to finish, I completed the dress in one evening – 3.5 hours (Project Runway style).
I was thrilled that:
- It fit.
- It didn’t take long.
- It looked good enough for me to wear to a wedding the following week!
I hope this inspires you to make something special for YOURself!
Be sure to leave us your comments below, we love hearing from you!
If you haven't already, check out our shop. 10% will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about us and our mission to Be The Good.