DIY Tutorial - Double Layer Lace Dress
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
For once, I decided to make something for myself! I got inspired by this dress I came across while cruising through Pinterest (my newest obsession). This was the very first dress I’ve made – ever, so of course, I didn’t have a pattern or any clue how to make it. Needless to say, I winged the whole thing.
- I used one of my fitted dresses and a jacket to draw the pattern for the lining and dress.
- Cut front and back of lining. Sew top shoulders together and the seams down each side. You should have a long sleeveless lining dress now.
- Do the same for the top lace layer
- Turn both layers inside out and sew around the neckline.
- Run dress right side out. You should now have a double layered sleeveless dress.
- Attach the sleeves
- Luckily, the dress fabric doesn’t fray so I was able to cut the scallops at the ends of the dress and leave the edge raw.
- Start to finish, I completed the dress in one evening – 3.5 hours (Project Runway style).
I was thrilled that:
- It fit.
- It didn’t take long.
- It looked good enough for me to wear to a wedding the following week!
I hope this inspires you to make something special for YOURself!
Be sure to leave us your comments below, we love hearing from you!