Halloween 2009 - DIY Egyptian Pharaohs Themed Halloween Costume Tutorials
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
We look forward to Halloween every year. Each year we think of a new theme. Since we just returned from a trip to Egypt we thought it would be appropriate to choose an "Egyptian Pharaohs" theme. Here's a look at how we made our DIY Egyptian pharaohs themed Halloween costumes.
- Metallic stretch gold fabric
- Navy satin ribbon
- Plastic Headband
- Lacrosse stick
- White t-shirt
- White fabric
- Hot glue gun
- Elastic or fabric headband
- Using white fabric, cut and sew women's dress and men's skirt.
- Cut metallic gold pieces for belt, wrist band, neck pieces.
- Glue navy ribbon onto women's neck piece.
- Wrap and glue gold fabric onto plastic headband.
- To make men's head piece cut cardboard to shape. Drape gold fabric over and hot glue in place. Glue on navy ribbon. Glue headpiece to elastic or fabric headband to wear on head.
- To make the pharaoh staff we used a shoebox we had that was gold. We cut, glued and drew in the details. You can easily use gold card stock paper or regular cardboard and paint it gold.
There you have it. Fun DIY Egyptian pharaohs themed family costumes for Halloween.
If you make your own versions we'd love to see! Tag #IZZAROOcostumes for a chance to be featured on our website.
See our past Halloween costumes for more fun ideas.
Hope this inspires you to #CREATEmore and make lasting memories for your family. I would love to hear what you think of these in the comments section.
To see some of our fun video tutorials, check out our YouTube channel.
If you love to create like us, you'll love our collection of Create More shirts. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.