Halloween 2012 - DIY Tutorials - Star Wars Theme Family Halloween Costumes
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
We look forward to Halloween every year simply because it gives us an excuse to be creative and silly – well, okay, we need no excuse for that do we?
Each year we think of a theme for our family and this year we chose "Star Wars". Here's a look at how we made our DIY Star Wars theme family Halloween costumes.
DIY Adult Luke Skywalker Halloween Costume Tutorial:
- Off White Fabric
- Blue gift wrapping paper roll
- Black paper
- Tin foil
- Jacket is cut and sewn using off white fabric
- Use a belt around waist
- Use blue gift wrapping as light saber. To make handle use black paper and foil.
DIY Kids Yoda Halloween Costume Tutorial:
- To make the head piece we covered an existing hat with green fabric. Ears were cut and sewn into place and wire was used to stiffen ears.
- Jacket was cut and sewn using tan fabric
- Attached velcro to jacket to keep front closed
DIY Adult Princess Leia Halloween Costume Tutorial:
- White Jersey Fabric
- White Felt
- Light Gray Felt
- Black Felt
- Black stretch fabric
- Dress was cut and sewn
- Make belt using white, grey and black felt. Cut and glue pieces together. Add velcro to the back to fasten.
- Stretch black fabric over earmuffs, fill with poly-fil and handsew/glue opening
There you have it. Simple DIY Star Wars theme family Halloween costumes.
If you make your own versions we'd love to see! Tag #IZZAROOcostumes for a chance to be featured on our website.
See our past Halloween costumes for more fun ideas.
Hope this inspires you to #CREATEmore and make lasting memories for your family. I would love to hear what you think of these in the comments section.
To see some of our fun video tutorials, check out our YouTube channel.
If you love to create like us, you'll love our collection of Create More shirts. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.