Halloween 2008 - DIY Tutorials - Saturday Night Live Themed Halloween Costumes
(Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
We look forward to Halloween every year simply because it gives us an excuse to be creative and silly – well, okay, we need no excuse for that do we?
Each year we think of a new theme and this year chose an "SNL" theme. Here's a look at how we made our DIY Saturday Night Live themed Halloween costumes.
DIY Saturday Night Live Dick in a Box Halloween Costume Tutorial:
- Retro sunglasses
- Vintage suit
- Bright button up shirt
- Gold Chain
- Gift box with open hinge top
- Wind up toy caterpillar
- Cut slits in box and thread belt to keep box up
- For added surprise, add wind up toy caterpillar inside box
DIY Saturday Night Mary Katherine Gallagher Halloween Costume Tutorial:
- I was able to find a school girl skirt and navy vest from the thrift store. I altered the skirt to fit and didn't realize the vest had skulls on it until after taking the above photo!
- When you're in character, be sure to say: "Sometimes when I get nervous I stick my fingers under my arms and then [smell your fingers] I smell 'em like that."
There you have it. Fun DIY Saturday Night Live themed family costumes for Halloween.
If you make your own versions we'd love to see! Tag #IZZAROOcostumes for a chance to be featured on our website.
See our past Halloween costumes for more fun ideas.
Hope this inspires you to #CREATEmore and make lasting memories for your family. I would love to hear what you think of these in the comments section.
To see some of our fun video tutorials, check out our YouTube channel.
If you love to create like us, you'll love our collection of Create More shirts. 10% of net profits will benefit organizations that empower underprivileged youth. Learn more about our mission to Be The Good.